WordPress Security – Increase your WordPress Security with Wordfence
WordPress is a powerful system for running your website or blog. We all know the importance of website security. With all of the attacks on sites using WordPress it is very important to add additional WordPress security for your site.
We have had a lot of customers ask us if there is anything they can do to help with security. We use and trust Wordfence on all of or own sites using WordPress as well as sites we develop for customers that use WordPress. It is a very powerful security tool. If you have a WordPress website we highly recommend installing this plugin.
Wordfence is the only WordPress security plugin that can:
- Repair infected core, theme and plugin files
- Show you what has changed in your infected files
- Constantly scans your posts, pages, comments and plugins for malware URL’s
- Shows you all your traffic in real-time giving you situational awareness to help your security decision making.
- Separate human and crawler traffic intelligently.
- Show you detailed data on traffic including reverse DNS lookups and city level geolocation.
Wordfence quick start guide:
- To install WordFence and get a more secure WordPress website simply sign-in to your WordPress blog. Then click your “Plugins” menu and click the “Add New” link at the top.
- Type “Wordfence” in the search box that appears.
- Click the “install” link next to the Wordfence plugin that appears in the list.
- Activate Wordfence once the install completes.
- We used to require an additional step where you get an API key, but this is no longer required for our free customers.
- At this point you will see a message asking you to enter an email address for alerts. Click the link provided, enter an email address, save your options and you’re all set.
- If you would like to upgrade to the premium version of Wordfence, you can visit www.wordfence.com to get an API key and then enter that key on your options page and save your options. You will be upgraded and all the premium features will be available to you.